Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Second Glimpse

Our "mid-pregnancy" ultrasound was today! I have been feeling a lot of movement over the last few weeks and today was no exception. The two technicians were refering to our little one as "jumping bean". I had to keep rolling from side to side to let the techs get the necessary shots and at one point they were going to have me lay on my stomach to try to get the baby to settle down. Hopefully, this level of activity will calm down a little after birth!



We had excellent views, and Richard got a wave a one point. While we don't have an 'official' report, we do know the baby has a 'beautiful spine' (you can see the outline of it on the scan below).



Because the baby would not keep still, we had to wait around afterwards to make sure the films came out clear and while we were waiting, Richard read today's "Daily Light" for us. If you don't know what Daily Light is, it is a daily devotional of various scripture passages on a single theme. We had two of the selections read at our wedding, for those who were there. I've pasted today's evening reading below. The Lord has truly blessed us today!



EVENING

JUNE 5

He knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

The Lord God formed man
of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.

I will praise thee; for I am
fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet
there was none of them.

Have we not all one father? Hath not one
God created us? — In him we live, and move, and have our being. — Like as a father pitieth his children, so the L ord pitieth them that fear him.

He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and
destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath. For he remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.

PSA. 103:14. Gen. 2:7. Psa. 139:14-16. Mal. 2:10. ‑Acts 17:28. ‑Psa. 103:13. Psa. 78:38,39.


1 comment:

me said...

Thank you so much for sharing both the picture of your little one and the verses. How appropriate! I'm so excited for you both and can't wait to meet that little baby!

Lots of love,
Sarah